Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

London

17 May 2014

1901 – Business Premises, Mount St., London

Architect: Read & MacDonald “These premises, finished a year or two ago from the designs of Messrs. Read and MacDonald. contain shops on the ground floor with residential upper parts above. The fronts...

17 May 2014

1901 – Stanfords, Long Acre, London

Architect: Read & MacDonald “These premises have just been erected for Mr. Edward Stanford from the design of Messrs. Read and MacDonald. The front is executed in Portland stone, the brickwork in the...

06 May 2014

1877 – Doulton Factory, Lambeth, London

Architect: Tarring, Son & Wilkinson Roger Dixon and Stefan Muthesius call the Doulton pottery complex, as it originally stood, “one of the most comprehensive commercial establishments in any city” and that its slender...

31 March 2014

1899 – Mission House, Dalston, London

Architect: H.O. Ellis This late-Victorian mission building was designed by Herbert O Ellis in 1898 for St Mark’s Church, Dalston. Later known as the Cholmeley Boys’ Club. The building was originally used as...

31 March 2014

1899 – Theatre of Varieties, Kilburn, London

Architect: Palgrave & Co. “This plate illustrates the design of a proposed new Palace of Varieties, which is about to be commenced, with some slight modification in the elevation, on the site of...

19 February 2014

1898 – London & South Western Bank, Kilburn, London

Architect: Edward Gabriel “This branch bank, which has lately been completed, occupies a prominent position in the High-road, Kilburn, and has been erected for the directors of the London and South- Western Bank...

19 February 2014

1898 – Passmore Edwards Public Library, East Ham, London

Architect: Silvanus Trevail Known as the Plashet Library, and still in use today. Passmore Edwards contributed £4,000 towards the cost, the District Council finishing the work with another £1,500. The family of a...

19 February 2014

1898 – Design for Library, Lewisham, London

Architect: Best & Callon Unbuilt design for public library. “This design was placed first in the recent competition by the assessor, Mr. Mountford, and has been adopted by the committee. The building is...

14 February 2014

1898 – Public Baths, Romford, London

Architect: Harrington & Ley Harry Harrington and Algernon Sydney Richard Ley practised in partnership in London from 1896 to 1906. “This design was recently selected in competition for new baths by the urban...