1872 – New Vestry Hall, Kensington, London
Unrealised design for a new Vestry Hall for the Borough of Kensington.
1865 – St. Pauls Church, Bethnal Green, London
Bombed during the Blitz of the Second World War, St. Paul’s parish was united to St.
1866 – Kings College Hospital, London
King’s was originally opened in 1840 in the disused St Clements Dane workhouse in Portugal Street close to Lincoln’s Inn Fields.
1860 – The Arcades at The Horticultural Gardens, South Kensington, London
In 1861 the Royal Horticultural Society developed a new garden at South Kensington on land leased from the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851.
1862 – New Library, Middle Temple, London
Destroyed during air raids during the Second World War.
From The Building News, January 3, 1862: Three or four months ago the Prince of Wales publicly opened the new JL Library which Mr.
1860 – St. Giles National Schools, Bloomsbury, London
Sited at the corner of Endell Street and Shaftesbury Avenue, the National Schools were built to cater for 1,500 children.
1860 – Warehouses in Aldermanbury, London
“A noble example of warehouse architecture has been erected in Aldermanbury with a considerable degree of ornate splendour externally.
1861 – St. Stephens Church, South Lambeth, London
Consecrated in 1861, the church could seat 1,200 people. By the 1960s the congregation numbers had collapsed and the decision was taken to demolish the church.
1860 – Central Hall, Clerkenwell Sessions House, London
The existing building originally erected between 1779 and 1782, as the new Courthouse for the Middlesex Quarter Sessions,