Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

London

16 July 2009

1860 – Schools of St. Mary-the-Less, Lambeth, London

Architect: John L. Pearson In 1860 The Prince of Wales laid the foundation stones of new premises in Millers Lane, built on the site of the Vauxhall Gardens as part of a redevelopment...

13 July 2009

1906 – Central Library, St. Pancras, London

Architect: Maurice B. Adams

12 July 2009

1882 – House at Hampstead, London

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw

12 July 2009

1896 – Mansion in Course of Erection, Park Lane, London

Architect: T.H. Smith

12 July 2009

1908 – Palace of British Applied Arts, Franco British Exhibition, London

Architect: James B. Fulton Fulton designed the Palace of British Applied Arts and other buildings buildings for the Franco British Exhibition of 1908. The Franco-British Exhibition was a large public fair, designed to...

11 July 2009

Irish architects maintain their winning touch

Irish architects may be on their knees, with up to half of the profession made redundant or working three-day weeks due to the collapse of the construction industry here, but with more time...

07 July 2009

1883 – Royal Courts of Justice, The Strand, London

Architect: George Edmund Street Selected after an invited competition pitted the star-architects of the day against each other for this important comission. Invited were: Henry R. Abraham, Edward Middleton Barry, Raphael Brandon, William...

07 July 2009

1908 – Proposed Addition to The Royal Courts of Justice, London

Architect: Sir Henry Tanner

06 July 2009

1882 – Evangelical Protestant Deconesses Institution & Training Hospital, Tottenham, London

Architect: Edward C. Robins In 1865 a Dr Laseron decided to found a hospital where ladies could be trained to nurse the sick poor. Thus, the Evangelical Protestant Deaconesses’ Institution and Training Hospital...