Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Longford

02 March 2014

1863 – Ulster Bank, Longford, Co. Longford

Architect: James Bell Fine limestone facade with carved riverine keystones to the windows on the ground floor. Published in The Irish Builder, February 15 1863.

17 September 2009

1881 – St. Brigid’s Church, Ardagh, Longford

Architect: William Hague Construction started in 1881 and was not completed until 1903 by Hague’s partner and successor T.F. McNamara. The interior was adorned with richly carved stonework and a fine high altar...