Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Lucan

02 December 2013

1766 – Lucan House, Lucan, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Chambers, Michael Stapleton Apparently designed by Sir William Chambers with adaptations by Agmondisham Vesey during the construction of the house. Michael Stapleton designed plasterwork for the interior. However this image by...

23 April 2013

1891 – Spa Hotel, Lucan, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Hotel constructed between 1890 and 1891 for the Lucan Hydropathic and Spa Hotel Co. Ltd. The spa associated with this hotel appears to have been discovered in 1758. The water...

23 April 2013

1814 – Liffey Bridge, Lucan, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Knowles Designed by George Knowles, architect of Dublin’s Fr. Mathew and O’Donovan Rossa Bridges, and built in 1814 in collaboration with James Savage to replace several bridges which were carried away...

22 April 2013

1840 – St. Mary’s Church, Lucan, Co. Dublin

Officially “The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary”, but known as St. Mary’s to the people of Lucan. Construction began in 1835, but it wasn’t until 1840 that the roof...

28 January 2010

1815 – 11-12 Upper Main Street, Lucan, Co. Dublin

A pair of substantial former domestic buildings which, though partly altered, retain their original proportions and dominant presence in the streetscape. Valuable interior fragments.

28 January 2010

1823 – St Andrew’s Church of Ireland, Lucan, Co. Dublin

A prominently sited church which acts as a landmark in the village. According to Edward McParland, in James Gandon: Vitruvius Hibernicus (1985), St. Andrew’s may have been based on a design by James...