Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Manchester

01 February 2010

1873 – Wholesale & Fish Markets, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Speakman, Son and Hickson / Mangnall & Littlewood Manchester Corporation decided in the early 1870s to replace the city’s main fish market in Strangeways with a new one located near Shudehill, close...

09 December 2009

1886 – ‘Stoneacre’, Swinton, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: J. Langham Designed and built for Dr. O’Grady around 1885-86. Published in The Building News, February 5th 1886.

03 December 2009

1888 – High Altar & Reredos, Church of the Holy Name, Manchester

Architect: Joseph Hansom The Church of the Holy Name of Jesus is located on Oxford Road in the heart of Manchester University’s campus in Manchester. It was built between 1869 and 1871 and...

16 October 2009

1862 – Manchester and Salford Bank, Lancashire

From The Building News, September 19, 1862: The engraving on the opposite side represents the Manchester and Salford Bank which is just being erected. Tho frontage in Mosley Street, as seen in the...

16 October 2009

1862 – Royal Insurance Company, King Street, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse From The Building News, August 8, 1862: This building, which has been erected by the Royal Insurance Company, for the accommodation of their rapidly increasing business in Manchester, was described...

14 October 2009

1870 – Manchester Reform Club, Lancashire

Architect: Salomons & Jones From The Builder: “We give a view of the Club building now in course of erection in Manchester. The basement is to be let as stores, the ground floor...

31 August 2009

1880 – Premises, Market Street, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Mangnall & Littlewood “These premises are situated at the corner of Market-street and Spring-gardens, Manchester, and form two distinct blocks of buildings. The corner block is recently completed, and belongs to G.B....

06 August 2009

1885 – High Altar, West Gorton Franciscan Church, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Pugin & Pugin

27 July 2009

1875 – Manchester Conservative Club House, Lancashire

Architects: Robert Walker & Horton & Bridgford Perspective View published in The Building News, August 27th 1875.