Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Manitoba

29 June 2010

1972 – St John Cantius Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Libling Michener & Associates Interesting low church finished in exposed concrete adjacent to previous parish church. In a clever design element, a corner has been “nicked” to allow a view of the...

29 June 2010

1948 – Ss. Vladimir & Olga Ukrainian Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John N. Semmens The cathedral’s famous stained glass windows, created by artist Leo Mol depict the history of the Ukrainian Catholic church.

29 June 2010

1966 – St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Green, Blankstein, Russell Associates The present St. Nicholas Church was designed in the early nineteen sixties by the architectural firm of Green Blankstein Russell Associates. The structure is built almost entirely of...

29 June 2010

1880s – No. 206 Princess, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Fine warehouse with good quality brick cornice and window detailing. Sadly empty.

29 June 2010

1883 – Bathgate Block, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Barber & Barber A good example of the Romanesque Revival style that became so popular in warehouse districts across North America in the 1880s. The building is named after its original owner...

29 June 2010

1961 – Winnipeg Clinic, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Frank R. Lount The Jetsons come to Winnipeg! With its fabulous cantilevered balconies and stone and concrete walls, the Winnipeg Clinic is a wonderful piece of 1940s Americana. Originally built in 1942...

29 June 2010

1913 – Pantages Playhouse, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: B. Marcus Priteca Designed by B. Marcus Priteca of Seattle, the Pantages Playhouse was the first reinforced concrete playhouse in North America. The words “Pantages Unequalled Vaudeville” are inscribed above the entrance...

29 June 2010

1970 – Newport Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: T. Sherman Seventeen storey office building close to the midpoint of the downtown section of Portage Avenue. With its curtain walling and chamfered corners, this is quite a restrained commercial building. Suffers...

29 June 2010

1969 – Richardson Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Smith Carter & Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP At 124 metres and 34 floors, this is one of the tallest buildings in the city, and sited at the traditional heart of the...