Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Manitoba

21 April 2010

1960 – 400 Colony Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Originally built by the Salvation Army, this building now forms part of the University of Winnipeg campus housing the Department of Theatre and Film.

21 April 2010

1895 – Dalnavert House, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Charles H. Wheeler Designated a National Historic Site, this fine Victorian era house is considered one of the best examples in western Canada. It was built in 1895 for Sir Hugh John...

21 April 2010

1904 – Codville and Company, Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Amalgamated into the Ashdown Building in 1911, the former Codville and Company warehouse had two floors added to it so that it formed a continuous wall with the rest of the Ashdown Building....

21 April 2010

1900 – Marshall Wells Building, Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: James J. McDiarmid A post and beam frame structure with brick and stone external detailing, this small warehouse features exposed woodbeams and brickwork internally. All four floors have windows on three sides...

21 April 2010

1899 – Merrick-Anderson Building, Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: James J. McDiarmid With the adjoining Bain Building, this brick and limestone building is a fine early Winnipeg warehouse. Merrick, and Anderson were originally travellers for Dennis Moore of Hamilton. With the...

21 April 2010

1899 – Bain Building, Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: James J. McDiarmid The west portion of the Brokerage was constructed in 1899 for Edward Nicholson, an Ottawa-born merchant who started a wholesale grocery brokerage firm. In 1905, he made a partner...

21 April 2010

1899 – No. 189 Bannatyne (McClary Building), Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: S. Frank Peters Like other warehouses on Bannatyne Avenue, the McClary Building benefited from a railway spur to the rear in what is now John Hirsch Place. Much like other Peters designs,...

21 April 2010

1911 – Ashdown Warehouse, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: S. Frank Peters The English-born James H. Ashdown was probably Winnipeg’s best-known businessman and he first arrived in the Red River settlement via Ontario in 1868. He purchased a tinsmith shop in...

21 April 2010

1900 – Gault Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: George Browne A fine large brick faced warehouse that was originally built as a four storey over basement building. It was applauded as one of the most commodious warehouses in the City....