Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Manitoba

14 April 2010

1910 – No. 393 Wellington Crescent, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: William Wallace Blair This large stone and stucco building with the half-timbering over the upper levels, was the last home of Mark Fortune. Built in 1910, it was his residence for two...

14 April 2010

1913 – Ashdown House, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John H.G. Russell The merchant and businessman James H. Ashdown built his residence at number 529 on the Crescent, near Academy Road. The architect on this project was the prominent Winnipeg architect,...

14 April 2010

1940 – Rockwood School, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Built to a standardised design used by the city, and not far from a similar design at Brock-Corydon School. The building has a central entrance-way with further entrances to the ends of the...

14 April 2010

1963 – Holy Family Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Zunic & Sobkowich

14 April 2010

1958 – St George’s Anglican Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Green, Blankstein, Russell Associates Built between 1956-58 to to replace an earlier church of 1927, this modern building is constructed of the local Tyndall stone and brick. To the left of the...

14 April 2010

1922 – Grosvenor School, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Col. J.N. Semmons In 1922, the Winnipeg School Division built four new schools. They included Daniel McIntyre Collegiate, Faraday School, and David Livingstone. The only one built in the South District was...

14 April 2010

1911 – Firehall No. 12, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Alexander & William Melville Alexander Melville was born in Fraserburgh, Scotland in 1873 and received his architectural and civil engineering degrees in Aberdeen. In 1903 he settled in Winnipeg and immediately set...

14 April 2010

2007 – Office Building, Corydon Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Stechesen Katz Modern office development with commercial unit to streetlevel, this is a cleanly designed building with some sharp detailing. While the curved facades catch the eye, the facade to Harrow Street...

14 April 2010

1934 – Former Bank of Toronto, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Northwood & Chivers Former branch office of the Bank of Toronto, this small building is now in use as offices. Its main architectural feature is the incised lettering above the main entrance.