Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Manitoba

18 December 2009

1910 – A.E. McKenzie Company Building, Brandon, Manitoba

Architect: Thomas Sinclair This six storey reinforced concrete and brick office and warehouse was designed in 1910 by Thomas Sinclair, a prominent Brandon architect, and constructed for $100,000 by the Brandon Construction Company...

18 December 2009

1911 – Central Fire Station #1, Brandon, Manitoba

Architect: W.A. Elliott The Central Fire Station was constructed in 1911 and stands on the site of its 1882- 93 predecessor. It was designed by one of Brandon’s most prominent early architects, W....

17 December 2009

1884 – Beautiful Plains County Court Building, Neepawa, Manitoba

Architect: C. Osborn Wickenden During the Manitoba land boom of the late l870s and early l880s settlers from Ontario were attracted to the Beautiful Plains area. The Town of Neepawa was incorporated in...

17 December 2009

1892 – Knox Presbyterian Church, Neepawa, Manitoba

Architect: James H. McDonald Knox Presbyterian is an excellent example of the evolution of the Romanesque Revival style in rural Canada. It features rusticated stone surfaces, round-arched windows and a pyramidal bell tower....

17 December 2009

1902 – Former Railway Station, Neepawa, Manitoba

Architect: R.B. Pratt The former Neepawa Station, was designed in 1902 by R. B. Pratt, a prominent Winnipeg architect. The most distinctive aspect of Pratt’s design is the pyramidal roofline with prominent gabled...

17 December 2009

1904 – Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Neepawa, Manitoba

Architect: Hugh S. Griffith The Independent Order of Odd Fellows (I.O.O.F.) Building is a good example of a prosperous fraternal organization in a small town. Established in 1889, this meeting hall was constructed...

17 December 2009

1855 – St. Andrew’s Rectory, St. Andrews, Manitoba

Built as the home of Archdeacon William Cockran, who designed the adjacent church, between 1853 and 1855, St. Andrew’s Rectory is an excellent example of mid-19th century Red River architecture. It is a...

17 December 2009

1914 – CIBC Bank, Neepawa, Manitoba

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce now known as CIBC was constructed in 1914 by local contractors Fusee – McFeetors.

17 December 2009

1849 – St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, Manitoba

Architect: William Cockran Between 1845 and 1849 construction proceeded on a new stone church to serve the burgeoning Parish of St. Andrew’s. The building was designed by Archdeacon William Cockran (1798-1865) to serve...