Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Manitoba

17 December 2009

1857 – St. Clement’s Anglican Church, Manitoba

The official church for employees of the Hudson’s Bay Company who were stationed at the nearby Lower Fort Garry, St Clements was started in 1857 but the short bell tower was not completed...

17 December 2009

1905 – St Thomas’s Anglican Church, Manitoba

This little church provides a little conundrum – is it rendered over timber siding, as suggested by the upper level of the tower’s exposed timber; or is it a rendered stone building with...

17 December 2009

1896 – Church, St. Adolphe, Manitoba

A simple yet beautiful little church in a small town, the simplicity of which is more impressive architecturally than many larger more ornate churches.

17 December 2009

1950s – Poplar Park Community Hall, Manitoba

A large community hall which although not architect designed does have a certain style and grace.

17 December 2009

1906 – Holy Trinity Church, Poplar Park, Manitoba

Constructed in 1906, this small Ukrainian Orthodox Church is a simple structure with a polygonal apse and central turret and dome.

17 December 2009

1889 – Former Railway Station, Miami, Manitoba

No longer connected to the railway network, this is an early survivor of the Northern Pacific and Manitoba Railway. Used for many years by the Canadian Northern and the Canadian National Railways, it...

17 December 2009

1877 – Church, St. Jean Baptiste, Manitoba

Imposing and solid church with simple bell tower on the main facade.

30 September 2009

1919 – Hudson’s Bay Company, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Burke Horwood & White Unbuilt proposal for a massive department store for the Hudson’s Bay Company. Intended to be their flagship store, this would have been the largest building in the city...

30 September 2009

1904 – Cottage near Brandon, Manitoba