Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


29 November 2011

1895 – Mulvey School, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: George Creeford Browne Mulvey School No. 3, completed in late 1895 and largely resembling its predecessor which was destroyed in a fire, had 12 classrooms and an assembly hall. By 1908, overcrowding...

29 November 2011

1883 – Central School No. 1, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Charles A. Barber When built, this school was described as “away out on the prairie” because it was thought to be so far from the centre of Winnipeg. Yet, it became known...

29 November 2011

1896 – Dufferin School, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Charles H. Wheeler Constructed in 1896, and designed by local architect Charles H. Wheeler, this three-storey brick structure was erected by the firm of Kelly Bros. & Co. at a cost of...

29 November 2011

1894 – Norquay School, Lusted Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: George Creeford Browne Designed by local architect George Creeford Browne, the three-storey building was expanded in 1902, and further renovations were made in 1911 and 1920. It was demolished around 1956 and...

04 July 2011

1912 – Kelvin Technical & High School, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: J.B. Mitchell Founded in 1912 as Kelvin Technical High School, the name was later changed to Kelvin High School. Built of Tyndall stone and Estevan red brick between 1910 and 1912. The...

29 June 2011

1890 – Johnston Terminal, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: The Johnston Terminal is the largest of the buildings in the Forks and contains some commercial space as well as retail. It was formerly the National Cartage Building, in use as a...

06 May 2011

1920 – Manitoba Legislature, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Francis Worthington Simon This was the last of the major provincial legislatures to be constructed and reminiscent of the large 19th century City Halls of the UK. Built between 1913-20, the building...

06 May 2011

1910 – Courthouse, Brandon, Manitoba

Designed to replace an earlier courthouse by C. Osborn Wickenden which opened in 1884.

01 March 2011

2010 – Buhler Centre, University of Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: David Penner Architect / Peter Sampson Architecture Studio Inc. / DIN Projects Is home to UWinnipeg’s Faculty of Business and Economics, Division of Continuing Education and the Plug In Institute of Contemporary...