Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Manitoba

01 July 2010

1883 – Police Court, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Barber & Barber The police courts and station at the corner of King and James, served until 1903 when it was replaced by a new central police station. Demolished 1988. Modern reproduction...

01 July 2010

1910 – Collège universitaire de Saint-Boniface, Winnipeg, Manitoba

The Collège universitaire de Saint-Boniface is a university college affiliated with the University of Manitoba and located in Saint Boniface, the French-speaking area of Winnipeg. It is oriented primarily towards the French-speaking community...

01 July 2010

1952 – Church of the Immaculate Conception, Cook’s Creek, Manitoba

Architect: Fr. Philip Ruh The Church of the Immaculate Conception or as it is popularly known, the Cathedral of the Prairies is a Ukrainian Catholic Church built in the middle of the Manitoban...

01 July 2010

1954 – Grotto of our Lady of Lourdes, Cook’s Creek, Manitoba

Architects: Fr. Philip Ruh Begun in 1954 by Father Philip Ruh, the Grotto is both a religious centre in its own right, and a tourist attraction during the summer months. Ruh saw it...

01 July 2010

1932 – Tier Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architect: Arthur A. Stoughton Named after the former dean of Arts, William Tier, this building opened in 1932 and has been the location of social science and humanities teaching and research ever since;...

01 July 2010

1932 – Buller Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architect: Arthur A. Stoughton The Buller Building opened in 1932 and is similar to the Tier Building which also faces the Administration Building, with its rough hewn limestone exterior. It is home to...

01 July 2010

1912 – Tache Hall, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood This student residence was the largest of the original campus buildings. Facing northeast towards the Administration Building, its facade stretches the full five hundred and fifty...

01 July 2010

1912 – Administration Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood Originally the Manitoba Agricultural College when it was built in 1912, it is now the Administration Building for the University. Its central location, symmetrical facades and...

29 June 2010

1964 – Former Safeway, Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg

One of quite a few stores to a similar design in Winnipeg, this Safeway store finally closed in December 2008. This standard design had some variations, usually in materials on the flanking walls...