Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Marlborough Street Dublin

07 June 2013

1886 – St. Thomas’s Parochial Hall, Marlborough St., Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Constructed during 1885-86 to complement the adjoining church of 1762 by John Smyth. The church and hall were gutted by fire which destroyed most of the O’Connell Street area...

14 December 2011

1762 – St. Thomas’s Church, Marlborough St., Dublin

Architect: John Smyth Construction started in 1758 and took four years to complete. Based on Palladio’s church of the Rendentore at Venice. Described by Malton as ‘…the church of St Thomas is an...

26 April 2010

1925 – Former DUTC Depot, Marlborough Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick F. O’Sullivan Former depot belonging to the Dublin United Tramways Company and now in use by Dublin Bus.

01 April 2010

1997 – DIT Cathal Brugha Street Annex, Marlborough Street, Dublin

Architect: Gilroy McMahon A 10 storey extension to DIT Cathal Brugha, of around 4,000sq.m. covering 100% of a restricted city centre site. The main architectural feature is the expressed stairwell and services tower...

01 April 2010

1825 – St Mary’s Pro Cathedral, Marlborough Street, Dublin

Architect: John Sweetman Dublin’s two medieval cathedrals are both in the hands of the former “Established Church”, the Church of Ireland. After the easing of restrictions on the Roman Catholic faith, it was...

04 February 2010

1921 – Seamens Institute, Eden Quay, Dublin

Architect: W.M. Mitchell & Sons The Seamens Institute on the corner of Marlborough Street and Eden Quay is another early 20th century building after the area was decimated during the 1916 Rising.

14 December 2009

1740 – Tyrone House, Marlborough St., Dublin

Architect: Richard Cassels Cassels designed this Dublin town house for Marcus Beresford, Earl of Tyrone, in Marlborough Street between 1740 and 1745. A fine example of Cassels’ robust sober style. The central Venetian...

01 March 2009

1842 – Central Infants Model School, Marlborough Street, Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen Small classical pavilion built between the two more substantial buildings of the Department of Education – the former Tyrone House and its later duplicate. Destroyed by fire in 1982 and...