Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Midland Great Western Railway

13 April 2012

1858 – Woodlawn Railway Station, Co. Galway

Architect: George Willoughby Hemans Sited on the main Iarnr√≥d √Čireann Intercity line from Dublin to Galway, situated between Ballinasloe and Attymon halt stations. Woodlawn railway station opened on 1 August 1858 and was...

13 April 2011

1862 – Railway Station, Ballymote, Co. Sligo

Architect: George Wilkinson A variant of Wilkinson’s standard design along this line, Ballymote opened on 3 December 1862.

13 April 2011

1862 – Railway Station, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim

Architect: George Wilkinson Similar in design to Dromod Station on the same line by the same architect, this is a fine solid Victorian railway station, devoid of the architectural frivolities of stations on...

04 May 2010

1878 – Point Depot, North Wall Quay, Dublin

Built in 1878 as a rail terminus for the Midland and Great Western Railway Company, its has been redeveloped as an exhibition and concert venue. These photographs show it prior to its extensive...

09 April 2010

1850 – Broadstone Railway Station, Constitution Hill, Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Broadstone harbour’s location was chosen for its proximity to the markets and the law courts. Bolton Street was the preferred site, but high land prices and objections from local...

31 December 2009

1862 – Dublin-Sligo Railway Station, Dromod, Co. Leitrim

Architect: George Wilkinson The station for the mainline Dublin-Sligo rail route is a grander affair than the local narrow gauge station but still modest in comparison to stations in the larger Irish towns....

30 December 2009

1850 – Railway Station, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Built in the early 1850s by John Skipton Mulvany, the architect of the sublime Broadstone station in Dublin, the station was burned out during the Irish Civil War. This...

Pages:« Prev12