Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Millar & Symes

11 September 2013

1887 – Central Hotel, Exchequer St., Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes A Dublin landmark, the Central Hotel was opened in 1887. Extended several times in the early 20th century, it was unusual in Dublin at the time of its construction...

10 May 2013

1904 – Knox Memorial Hall, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Erected by Mrs Alice Knox in memory of her husband, Capt. Edward Chaloner Knox, at a cost of nearly £4,000. An attractive little building, the main facade to the...

22 April 2013

1928 – First Church of Christ, Scientist, Baggot St., Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Millar & Symes were well-known for designing bank buildings, and this church, designed in 1925, resembles one. The foundation stone was laid in 1927, with the church opening in...

14 March 2013

1869 – Brittas Castle, Clonaslee, Co. Laois

Architect: John McCurdy / Millar & Symes Built for Major-General Francis Plunkett Dunne in 1869, to a design by John McCurdy. It was extended ten years later by Millar & Symes. Constructed of...

23 October 2012

1901 – Nurses’s Home, Dr. Steeven’s Hospital, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Demolished Nurses Home and extra hospital accommodation, previously sited infront of Dr. Steeven’s Hospital. Once removed, it opened up the site to allow the hospital buildings to be better...

30 June 2010

1933 – Bank of Ireland, Terenure, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Sited at Terenure crossroads, this bank branch has strong Arts and Crafts detailing, notably the stonework around the entrances. This is unusual for Ireland as bank branches were traditionally...

10 February 2010

1935 – Nos.1-3 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes On an important corner site adjoining the Bank of Ireland in College Green, this office building is curiously un-noticeable. With its brickwork and stone trimmings, the building seems modern...

05 February 2010

1901 – Former Bank, Ormond Quay, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Former bank branch with fine 1930s interior. The exterior has a fine bull-nosed corner executed in stone to contrast with the brickwork.

06 January 2010

1845 – No.16 Park Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: George Halpin / Millar & Symes Designed for the Bank of Ireland by George Halpin, this building was remodelled for Millar and Symes in the first part of the twentieth century. Banded...

Pages:12Next »