Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Municipal Buildings

19 January 2014

1907 – Lothian Chambers, Edinburgh, Scotland

Architect: James Macintyre Henry Lothian Chambers, formerly the Midlothian County Buildings, at the corner of George IV Bridge and the Royal Mile. Although only placed fourth in the competition to design the new...

14 January 2014

1898 – Design for Urban District Offices, Eastleigh, Hampshire

Architect: Hall, Cooper & Davis This design was submitted in the recent competition by Messrs. Hall, Cooper, and Davis. Accommodation was provided for rate-collector’s office, council clerk’s public and private offices, surveyor’s public...

01 January 2014

1880 – Design for New Municipal Buildings, Glasgow

Architect: Coe & Robinson Second Premiated design in architectural competition for new muncipal buildings, now Glasgow City Chambers. The competition was won by Paisley-born architect William Young, and the building opened in 1888.

09 March 2013

1883 – Selected Design Nottingham Municipal Buildings

Architect: Verity & Hunt Selected design from Verity & Hunt for Nottingham Municipal Buildings. Eventually built on a smaller scale to illustrated, as Nottingham Guildhall. The initial estimate for the building was £128,416...

20 October 2012

1882 – New Municipal Buildings, Inverness, Scotland

Architect: William Lawrie Built in a Flemish-Baronial style, and still in use today as the Town House. Constructed to the design of local architect William Lawrie as a larger version of Sir George...

20 July 2012

1911 – Former Assiniboia Town Hall, Winnipeg

Formerly the municipal hall of the Rural Municipality of Assiniboia, before it amalgamated with Brooklands, and St. James to form St. James-Assiniboia and eventually forming part of Winnipeg in the 1972 unicity amalgamation....

15 March 2012

1769 – Exchange and Assembly Rooms, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Sir Robert Taylor In 1769, the Earl of Donegall, celebrating the birth of his son George Augustus, paid £4,000 for the building of a single storey building called “The Exchange” By1776 a...

04 March 2012

1702 – The Exchange, Limerick

Architect: The Limerick City Exchange was built in 1673, close to St. Mary’s Cathedral to house the city’s covered market and council chamber. In 1702 the Exchange was demolished and replaced by a...

24 February 2012

1710 – Merchants Exchange, Cork

Architect: Twiss Jones Built between 1705 and 1710, for the conduct of business between Cork’s merchant classes, and replaced an earlier building at the junction of Castle Street & South Main Street. At...