Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Municipal Buildings

09 March 2010

1869 – New Municipal Offices, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Edward Robert Robson From The Architect and Contract Reporter, May 29 1869: The Municipal Government of Liverpool has arrived at its present condition, power, and comprehensiveness, by slow degrees and through the...

27 January 2010

1999 – Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Offices, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: McCullough Mulvin Architects McCullough Mulvin Architects design were selected following a competition organised by the RIAI, which attracted 37 entries at the first stage. These were then reduced to a shortlist of...

26 January 2010

1883 – The Guild Hall, Nottingham

Architect: Verity & Hunt This imposing building was designed by London architects, Verity & Hunt and opened in 1888 at a cost of £97,000. Following a competition with Alfred Waterhouse as the judge,...

08 January 2010

2005 – àras Chill Dara, Naas, Co. Kildare

Architect: Heneghan Peng / Arthur Gibney & Partners The first building completed by Heneghan.Peng, who have been successful in many competitions including one to design a new museum at Giza in Egypt. Designed...

07 January 2010

1765 – Mayoralty House, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Hugh Darley An important civic building at the time of its construction, the Mayoralty House has been in use as a commercial premises for decades. Built of limestone ashlar with trimmings of...

31 December 2009

2002 – Dunshaughlin Civic Centre, Co. Meath

Architect: Grafton Architects The Civic Centre provides a ‘one-stop-shop’ facility for the mass housing estates that surround it. The public use this facility to pay local taxes, inspect planning files and hold public...

30 November 2009

1905 – Bournemouth Municipal Buildings, Hampshire

Architect: F.W. Lacey & C.E. Mallows

30 November 2009

1884 – Rawtenstall Public Library & Municipal Offices, Lancashire

Architect: A.T. Butler

12 November 2009

1879 – Municipal Buildings, Greenock, Scotland

Architect: H.& D. Barclay In 1879 Charles Barry, Junior, President of the Royal Institute of British Architects, awarded the Barclays the commission for the new Municipal Buildings at Greenock. It was then by...


Skip to toolbar