Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

National Botanic Gardens

26 January 2010

1884 – Great Palm House, Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Dublin

Costing £800, the Great Palm House, which was made of wood and iron, was prefabricated in the Scottish town of Paisley by James Boyd & Son. It was shipped to Ireland in pieces,...

22 January 2010

1869 – Curvilinear Range, Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Co. Dublin

Architect: Richard Turner The Curvilinear Range of Glasshouses at the National Botanic Gardens were constructed between 1843 and 1869 and designed by native Dubliner Richard Turner. He was also responsible for designing the...