Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of New South Wales

07 September 2009

1868 – St. Andrew’s Cathedral, Sydney

Architect: Edmund Thomas Blacket Started in 1837, the plans prepared by the architect James Hume, were of much more modest proportions and were for a traditional cruciform church in the Gothic style. The...

07 September 2009

1900c – Uniting Church, Narooma, New South Wales

Regarded as an excellent example of the Australian Federation Carpenter Gothic architectural style. The decorative gable truss structures at the end of the nave and the small porch are of note. The bell...

07 September 2009

1884 – St. Saviour’s Cathedral, Goulburn, New South Wales

Architect: Edmund Thomas Blacket About the size of a large English parish church in “Decorated Gothic”, St. Saviour’s is cruciform, having a nave, transepts with chapels, a choir and a sanctuary. It was...

07 September 2009

1901 – Cape Byron Lighthouse, New South Wales, Australia

Architect: Charles Harding The Cape Byron Lighthouse is Australia’s most easterly light being situated on the most easterly point of the mainland. It is also Australia’s most powerful Lighthouse. It is built in...

07 September 2009

1851 – St. Francis Xavier Church, Berrima, New South Wales

Architect: Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin This is Pugin’s only intact and essentially unaltered building in Australia. In its layout and permanent liturgical furnishings”‚ÄĚpiscina, sedilia, Easter sepulchre recess, provision for a Doom painting (the...

07 September 2009

1835 – Courthouse, Berrima, New South Wales

Architect: Mortimer Lewis The facade consists of four Doric columns with classic Greek bases and capitals. Above is a stone architrave of three courses, the topmost of which protrudes to form the base...

Pages:« Prev12