Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

New York

29 July 2009

1892 – The Randall Memorial Church, Sailors’ Snug Harbour, Staten Island, New York

Architect: Robert W. Gibson Robert Richard Randall, Snug Harbor Cultural Center’s founder and benefactors’ bequest of 1801, created Sailors’ Snug Harbor’s original three buildings as a “haven for aged, decrepit and worn out...

12 July 2009

1892 – Montauk Club House, Brooklyn, New York

Architect: F.H. Kimball The Montauk Club is a private social club located at 25 Eighth Avenue in Brooklyn, and was founded in 1889 and has remained a private club since its founding. The...

23 June 2009

1952 – United Nations Building, New York

Architect: Wallace K. Harrison / Le Corbusier Instead of organising a competition for the design of their building, the UN decided to commission a collaborative effort among a multinational team of leading architects....

23 June 2009

2006 – Hearst Tower, New York

Architect: Foster + Partners The former six-story headquarters building was commissioned by the founder, William Randolph Hearst and awarded to the architect Joseph Urban. The building was completed in 1928 at a cost...

23 June 2009

2007 – IAC Headquarters, New York

Architect: Frank Gehry The building is Gehry’s first to be completed in New York. The design is the product of a collaboration between Gehry and IAC’s chairman, Barry Diller. The motif of a...

23 June 2009

1892 – West End Collegiate Church, New York

Architect: Robert W. Gibson Robert W. Gibson designed the church following the design of the 1606 Vleeshal in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Authenticity is enhanced by the choice of long, thin, brown bricks laid...

23 June 2009

1895 – New building for New York Herald

Architect: McKim Mead & White Built in 1895 to the designs of architect Stanford White but was demolished in 1921. Minerva, the Bellringers and Owls by Antonin Jean Carles, which originally graced the...

23 June 2009

1896 – Accepted design for St. Lukes Hospital, New York

Architect: Ernest Flagg

23 June 2009

1910 – Pennsylvania Railroad Station, New York

Architect: McKim Mead & White An imposing, sober colonnade of corinthian columns arranged in Doric order, McKim, Mead and White’s Pennsylvania Station combined glass-and-steel train sheds and a magnificently proportioned concourse with a...