Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

New York

30 April 2011

1903 – Knickerbocker Trust Co. Building, New York

Architect: McKim, Mead, and White he Knickerbocker Trust Co. building was completed in 1903 at the corner of 34th Street and 5th Avenue. The building was enlarged by ten stories in 1921, and...

30 April 2011

1908 – Singer Building, 149 Broadway, New York

Architect: Ernest Flagg The Singer Building in lower Manhattan was completed in 1908 and served as the headquarters of the Singer Manufacturing Company. The architect Ernest Flagg believed that buildings more than 10...

25 January 2011

1877 – Former Jefferson Market Courthouse, New York

Architect: Francis C. Withers & Calvert Vaux Originally built as the Third Judicial District Courthouse between the years 1874-1877 fto a design by architects Frederick Clarke Withers and Calvert Vaux. Its polychrome materials—...

05 January 2011

1870 – Equitable Life Assurance Building, New York

Architect: George B. Post Constructed between 1868 and 1870 at 120 Broadway in New York City and was the first office building to feature passenger elevators. The building was destroyed by a fire...

05 January 2011

1883 – Produce Exchange, New York

Architect: George B. Post Designed in a modified neo-Renaissance mode that clad an interior iron skeletal framing with terracotta panels, reminiscent of some monstrous Italian palazzo. Demolished in 1957.

05 January 2011

1903 – Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, New York

Architect: John G. Howard & D. Everett Waid Design for a hospital by Howard & Waid, who were only in formal partnership for four years between 1901 and 1904. Howard went on to...

04 January 2011

1894 – Teachers College, 120th St., New York

Architect: Parish & Schroeder Teachers College was founded by the philanthropist Grace Hoadley Dodge and philosopher Nicholas Murray Butler to provide a new kind of schooling for the teachers of disadvantaged children in...

05 November 2010

1880 – Methodist Episcopal Church, Lodi, New York

Architect: Warren H. Hayes Lodi Methodist Church was constructed in 1880 and it consists of a main block with four steeply pitched gables, a corner bell tower, and a large single story rear...

18 August 2010

1952 – Lever Building, New York

Architect: Skidmore Owings & Merrill LLP At the time of its construction, this steel and glass prism was the only corporate building among the avenue’s masonry residential structures. Although the building was also...