Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Norfolk

18 January 2011

1881 – St. Nicholas’ Church, Wells, Norfolk

Architect: Herbert J. Green “This church was struck by lightning and burnt down on the 3rd of August, 1877. It was a fine specimen of the 15th-century architecture of the county. The beautiful...

29 May 2010

1899 – House at Cromer, Norfolk

Architect: G.J. & F.W.Skipper Perspective View & small plan published in The Building News, January 13th 1899.

04 May 2010

1899 – Residence at Brundall, Norwich, Norfolk

Architect: G.J. & F.W.Skipper “This house was designed for Mr. Eddington, who has erected it on a rather exposed site, but having fine views over the Yare valley. Mr. L. Young,of Norwich, was...

14 March 2010

1415 – St. Nicholas Chapel, King’s Lynn, Norfolk

The building shows the early development of the Perpendicular style, having been rebuilt c.1380-1415. The building is perfectly rectangular apart from the south porch, and largely built in brick rubble and rendered. Only...

08 March 2010

1875 – Aquarium & Winter Garden, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk

Architect: Norton & Masey A monumental structure designed by John Norton and Philip E. Masey of London in 1875. The plan for the main part of the building showed a grand hall, 194...

04 November 2009

1875 – Schools, North Walsham, Norfolk

Architect: J.T. Bottle From The Architect, February 20, 1875: These schools have recently been completed, and afford accommodation for 450 children. The cost has been as follows:”ā€¯Schools, offices, fittings, &c., 2,7001.; master’s house,...

26 August 2009

1884 – St. John the Baptist, Norwich, Norfolk

Architect: George Gilbert Scott (Jnr) In 1976 St John the Baptist Church, Norwich became the Roman Catholic cathedral.

24 August 2009

1884 – Great Yarmouth Hospital, Norfolk

Architects: Bottle & Olley

10 August 2009

15thc. – St. Peter Mancroft Church, Norwich, Norfolk

The present St. Peter’s stands to the south of the provision market and was built in the mid 15th century. The dedication of the church is to St. Peter and St. Paul but...