Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Nottinghamshire

08 February 2014

1898 – Chapel, Workhouse, Nottingham

Architect: Arthur Marshall Following the demolition of the Nottingham Union workhouse in the 1890s to make way for the Victoria Station (itself since closed and demolished), a new workhouse was built at Bagthorpe...

21 May 2013

1874 – Lodge, Hodsack Park, Nottinghamshire

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Published in The Building News, December 4 1874: “This lodge was designed for the late E. Chaloner, Esq., and as it was for a subordinate entrancc, was by his request...

09 March 2013

1869 – The Congregational Institute, Forest Rd., Nottingham

Architect: E.C. Sutton The Nottingham Congregational Institute, a theological training college for Congregational Ministers, was established in Nottingham in 1866 by the Rev. J.B. Paton. From 1868 it had premises on Forest Road....

09 March 2013

1883 – Selected Design Nottingham Municipal Buildings

Architect: Verity & Hunt Selected design from Verity & Hunt for Nottingham Municipal Buildings. Eventually built on a smaller scale to illustrated, as Nottingham Guildhall. The initial estimate for the building was £128,416...

24 October 2012

1877 – Competitive design for Educational Buildings, Nottingham

Architect: Roper & Sutton Competitive design for educational buldings, published in The Building News, March 16th 1877.

06 February 2012

1885 – Residence, Nottingham Park Estate, Nottingham

Architect: T.C. Hine & Sons Published in The Builder, January 10th 1885.

30 March 2011

1906 – Branch Dispensary, Nottingham

Architect: Ernest R. Sutton Published in The Building News, October 27 1905.

30 March 2011

1877 – Mortuary Chapel, Nottingham

Architect: _____ & White Second premium in a competition published under a pseudonym. Published in The Building News, September 28 1877.

30 March 2011

1901 – Giltbrook Almshouses, Nottingham

Architect: A.R. Calvert Selected design after a competition, published in The Building News, April 5 1901.