Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

O’Callaghan & Webb

23 March 2013

1910 – Woolworth’s, Grafton St., Dublin

Architect: O’Callaghan & Webb The first F. W. Woolworth store in Ireland opened in 1914 on Grafton Street in Dublin. Eventually spread over three adjacent commercial units. The southernmost was No.101, a solid...

06 November 2011

1903 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Roscommon

Architect: Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen / O’Callaghan & Webb Main body of church constructed between 1897 and 1903 by Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen. The tower and spire was added...

16 February 2010

1922 – Former Moravian Church, Kevin Street, Dublin

Architect: O’Callaghan & Webb Masking an earlier meeting house of 1760, this was built in the early 20th century as a church hall and office accommodation. The church closed in 1959 and is...

05 February 2010

1922 – No.1 Lower O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: O’Callaghan & Webb On the corner of O’Connell Street and Eden Quay, the Irish Nationwide building is a large commercial building more noticeable for its signage than its architecture. Pictures of this...

17 September 2009

1913 – Dublin Municipal Offices Competition

Architect: McDonnell & Reid, Frederick G. Hicks, O’Callaghan & Webb The placed entries in a competition to design new offices for the then Dublin Corporation on Lord Edward Street, close to City Hall....

06 June 2009

Downes, J.V. (1891-1967)

Joseph Vincent Downes studied at University College Dublin and as an apprentice with O’Callaghan & Webb, graduating 1920. Worked in London with Herbert Baker, Robert Atkinson – acting as site architect for the...