Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Ontario

30 January 2014

1925 – Designs for War Memorials, Ottawa, Ontario

Unsuccessful designs to competition by the Canadian Battlefields Commission for a war memorial. The competition was held in 1925 to seek designs for a national war memorial to be dedicated to the First...

26 January 2014

1866 – Houses of Parliament, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: Thomas Fuller & Chilion Jones In 1859, The Legislative Assembly in Ottawa voted the sum of £75,000 for the erection of a “Parliament House” and offered a premium of $1000 for the...

25 January 2014

1960 – City Hall, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: Stanley Roscoe A fine example of International style of architecture was designed by City Architect Stanley Roscoe, replacing an early Richardson Romaneque building of 1890. The building exhibits many of the characteristic...

25 January 2014

1908 – Central Presbyterian Church, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: John M. Lyle Constructed in 1908 after fire destroyed their previous building – John M. Lyle, the architect, was the son of the minister of the time. Lyle was responsible for Toronto’s...

24 January 2014

1905 – Bank of Hamilton, Hamilton, Ontario

The original building on this site was constructed in the 1870s. Around 1905, it was decided to expand, and seven storeys were added to the building, using two as a base. In 1921,...

24 January 2014

1907 – Terminal Station, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: Charles Mills The Terminal building exterior was a mixture of masonry and terra cotta brick. The first story of the building was done in Indiana blue limestone. One feature that was originally...

24 January 2014

1878 – Wentworth County Courthouse, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: Charles Mulligan The former Wentworth County Courthouse was one of the original buildings in Hamilton. The two acre site was donated by George Hamilton to build a courthouse and jail for the...

24 January 2014

1859 – Church, Collingwood,, Lake Huron, Ontario

Architect: T.C. Sorby “The accompanying engraving represents a church recently erected in Canada, on the banks of Lake Huron, for a small and scattered congregation, who were much in want of a permanent...

22 January 2014

1829 – Old Courthouse, London, Ontario

Architect: John Ewart Constructed as Middlesex County Court House with castle-like features and Gothic details. It was designed by architect John Ewart and was constructed in 1827-29. The Middlesex County Court House was...

Pages:1234Next »