Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Ottawa

10 December 2009

1929 – Confederation Building, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: Thomas W. Fuller The Confederation Building, which had built in 1929 on Wellington Street had been occupied mainly by Department of Agriculture employees from its inception. The Department of Finance and the...

10 December 2009

1912 – Government Conference Centre – Former Union Station, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: Ross & MacFarlane The Government Conference Centre was originally constructed as Ottawa Union Station between 1909 and 1912 to the designs of architects Ross & MacFarlane, based on original plans by architect...

10 December 2009

1878 – Laurier House, Ottawa, Ontario

Located in a quiet residential neighbourhood close to Parliament Hill, Laurier House is a National Historic Site. It was built in 1878 in the Second Empire Style, popular in North America at the...

10 December 2009

1877 – St Alban’s Anglican Church, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: Thomas Fuller Ottawa’s oldest surviving church building and was designed by Thomas Fuller, who also designed Canada’s original Parliament Buildings. However, the location of the church, meant that Fuller’s elaborate plans had...

10 December 2009

1927 – Houses of Parliament, Ottawa, Ontario

Architects: John Pearson & Omar Marchand The original structure was designed by Thomas Fuller and Chilion Jones. The Palace of Westminster in London had recently been rebuilt in a Gothic Revival style, and...

10 December 2009

1885 – Notre Dame Cathedral, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: Georges Buillon The first plan dates from 1839 but the work on the building’s structure was conducted between 1841 and 1865, and the interior ornamentation, from 1876 to 1885. Missionaries on temporary...

10 December 2009

1838 – Rideau Hall, Ottawa, Ontario

The residence was built in 1838 to house Scottish stone mason Thomas McKay and his family, who occupied the residence until 1855. Queen Victoria chose Ottawa in 1858 as the new capital of...

01 October 2009

1907 – New Departmental Buildings, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: E. & W.S. Maxwell

01 October 2009

1907 – New Justice Buildings, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: E. & W.S. Maxwell