Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Oxford

23 April 2014

1865 – Meadow Buildings, Christ Church College, Oxford

Architect: Thomas Newenham Deane In 1862-65 Meadow Buildings, a Venetian Gothic construction by T.N. Deane, was erected to accommodate on site more of the undergraduates. Originally, college undergraduates would be given a suite...

03 April 2014

1896 – Proposal for Carfax Tower, Oxford

Architect: Henry T. Hare Unbuilt proposal to remodel the medieval Carfax Tower in central Oxford after the demolition of the main body of the attached church in 1896. The Tower is all that...

01 April 2014

1899 – New Buildings, New College, Oxford

Architect: Basil Champneys In the late 19th century New College, which was founded in 1379, began freely admitting undergraduates. The New Buildings by Basil Champneys along Holywell were built between 1873-96 to house...

02 December 2013

1872 – Unbuilt Interior Design for Church of St. Aloysius, Oxford

Architect: Joseph Hansom & Son From The Building News: “In catering for our friends in this Christmas Number, we have obtained permission from Messrs. Hanson and Son to present the interior perspective of...

15 April 2013

1682 – Tom Tower, Christ Church, Oxford

Architect: Christopher Wren Tom Tower is a bell tower and the main entrance of Christ Church College. This square tower with an octagonal lantern and facetted ogee dome was designed by Christopher Wren...

16 March 2013

1857 – Balliol College Chapel, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Butterfield The existing Chapel is the third on the site. The first was under construction in 1328, with the second Chape built about 1525. It was pulled down in 1856 to...

11 August 2012

1874 – Keepers Lodge, Broadwell Grove Estate, Oxford

Architect: William Wilkinson Perspective including ground plans published in The Building News, April 16th 1875.

25 July 2012

1886 – Additions to the Rector’s Lodgings, Lincoln College, Oxford

Architect: Harry W. Moore Additions to the Rector’s Lodgings published in The Building News, October 8th 1886.

12 June 2012

1880 – Post Office, St. Aldate’s, Oxford

Architect: E.G. Rivers Still in use as a post office today, but sympathetically extended in the early 20th century, the building as designed is still visible. During the extension, the projecting part of...