Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Oxfordshire

01 May 2012

1419 – St. Mary’s Church, Adderbury, Oxfordshire

A church constructed over several centuries. What is not the transepts is the earliest part, dating from c1250; the main body of the church and tower dates from the early 14th century; with...

15 April 2012

1878 – Church, Caversham, Oxfordshire

Architect: Morris & Stallwood A largely 15th-century church before the addition of a three stage tower and south aisle by Morris & Stallwood in 1878. Published in The Building News, march 8 1878.

18 January 2012

1881 – The Grange, Little Tew, Oxfordshire

Architect: George Edmund Street / Edward G. Bruton “This building was originally a vicarage house designed by Mr. G.E. Street, R.A., and subsequently enlarged by the late Mr. C. Buckeridge. It has since...

14 January 2012

13th C. – St. Mary’s Church, Shipton-under-Wychwood, Oxfordshire

The church is in the middle of the village overlooking the village green and is immediately visible from the main road. It was first mentioned in 1115 when Henry I gave land at...

17 March 2011

1876 – Ripon College Cuddesdon, Oxford

Architect: George Edmund Street Founded in 1854 as the Oxford Diocesan Seminary to train graduates from Oxford and Cambridge. It quickly became known as Cuddesdon College. The college buildings, most of them designed...

11 March 2011

1862 – Church of SS. Phillip & James, Oxford

Architect: George Edmund Street Construction began on May 1, 1860, with the laying of the foundation stone by Samuel Wilberforce, Bishop of Oxford. The church was designed by G.E. Street, the Diocesan architect,...

24 February 2011

1873 – Church of St. Aloysius, Oxford

Architect: Joseph Hansom & Son Interior perspective view published in The Architect, June 14th 1873.

14 February 2011

1858 – New Library, Exeter College, Oxford

Architect: George Gilbert Scott

14 January 2011

Dovecote, Shipton Court, Shipton-under-Wychwood, Oxfordshire

Shipton Court on the south side of the village was built for the Lacy family in 1603. It was bought and remodelled in 1663 by the Reade family, who retained it until 1868....