Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Oxfordshire

17 March 2011

1876 – Ripon College Cuddesdon, Oxford

Architect: George Edmund Street Founded in 1854 as the Oxford Diocesan Seminary to train graduates from Oxford and Cambridge. It quickly became known as Cuddesdon College. The college buildings, most of them designed...

11 March 2011

1862 – Church of SS. Phillip & James, Oxford

Architect: George Edmund Street Construction began on May 1, 1860, with the laying of the foundation stone by Samuel Wilberforce, Bishop of Oxford. The church was designed by G.E. Street, the Diocesan architect,...

24 February 2011

1873 – Church of St. Aloysius, Oxford

Architect: Joseph Hansom & Son Interior perspective view published in The Architect, June 14th 1873.

14 February 2011

1858 – New Library, Exeter College, Oxford

Architect: George Gilbert Scott

14 January 2011

Dovecote, Shipton Court, Shipton-under-Wychwood, Oxfordshire

Shipton Court on the south side of the village was built for the Lacy family in 1603. It was bought and remodelled in 1663 by the Reade family, who retained it until 1868....

04 January 2011

1904 – New Tower, Church of St. John, Cowley, Oxford

Architect: George Bodley Design for new tower published in The Building News, May 6th 1904.

09 November 2010

1888 – Pryorshurst, Oxfordshire

Architect: Percy Stone & M.Lewis Published in The Architect, May 18th 1888.

21 September 2010

1870 – Keepers Lodge at Kirtlington Park, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Wilkinson Perspective View including ground & 1st floor plans as published in The Building News, July 1st 1870. “ONE of our illustrations this week represents a keeper’s lodge at Kirtlington Park,...

14 September 2010

1877 – Wallingford Grammar School, Oxfordshire

Architect: Sydney R. Stevenson Perspective view & ground plan published in The Building News, April 6th 1877. Wallingford School was formally established when a grammar school building was built on the corner of...