Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Oxfordshire

21 December 2009

1886 – New Buildings, High Street, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson

22 October 2009

1875 – Wesleyan Chapel, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: Alexander Lauder From The Architect, October 16, 1875: The design is an endeavour to produce a building suitable to the JL simple ritual and service of the Wesleyan Methodist Church, and at...

02 October 2009

1881 – St. Edward’s School, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Wilkinson St Edwards School was founded in 1863 at New Inn Hall Street in central Oxford by the Revd Thomas Chamberlain, Senior Student (Fellow) of Christ Church Oxford and Vicar of...

28 September 2009

1880 – New Boat House, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: John Oldrid Scott “The boat- house is now being built for the Oxford University Boat Club by Mr. Silver, of Maiden- head. The lower story consists of the boat-house proper, about 70ft....

13 September 2009

1881 – Proposed Quadrangle, Magdalen College, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: Basil Champneys “The drawing published shows the street facade of a proposed now quadrangle for Magdalen College, Oxford. It was submitted by Mr. Basil Champneys in a competition to which Messrs. Street,...

24 August 2009

1881 – Cricket Pavilion for Oxford University, Oxfordshire

Architect: T.G. Jackson “The new pavilion for the use of the Oxford University Cricket Club is built in the Parks, where a new cricket-ground has been lately formed. The building is designed by...

13 August 2009

1888 – Streatley View, Goring, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Ravenscroft

05 August 2009

1872 – The Horton Infirmary, Banbury, Oxfordshire

Architect: Charles H. Driver

08 July 2009

1880 – New Schools, Tetsworth, Oxfordshire

Architect: Arthur Vernon Perspective view & ground plan as published in The Building News, May 7th 1880.