Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Oxfordshire

08 July 2009

1908 – The “Hare & Hounds” Inn, Sonning Common, Oxfordshire

Architect: W.C.A. Hambling Designed for for Messrs. Breakspear & Sons. Published in The Building News, October 23rd 1908. “This house is being erected upon a prominent site. The existing license is to be...

08 July 2009

1881 – Master’s Lodge, University College, Oxford

Architect: Bodley & Garner “This new building has been recently erected from the design of Messrs. G.F. Bodley and T. Garner, architects. It is of somewhat considerable size. “Brown’s Library” was left to...

08 July 2009

1882 – New Examination Schools, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson The Examination Schools were designed by Thomas Graham Jackson, Oxford’s most famous 19th century architect, in 1876 and their construction was completed in 1882. Sir Thomas Newenham Deane actually won...

08 July 2009

1881 – New High School for Girls, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson The school began life on November 3, 1875, with twenty-nine girls and three teachers under headmistress Ada Benson, at the Judge’s Lodgings (St Giles’ House) at 16 St Giles’, central...

08 July 2009

1878 – St. Frideswide, Osney, Oxfordshire

Architect: Harry G.W. Drinkwater From The Building News, September 6 1878: “The illustration shows the proposed design for the completion of the tower of this church, which was built some few years since...

08 July 2009

1884 – Oxford Military College, Cowley, Oxfordshire

Architect: T.G. Jackson

08 July 2009

1898 – The Old White House, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: H.T. Hare “This building was erected to take the place of an interesting old house, which still remains in the Tear. The materials used are rubble stone walling, with Doulting stone dressings...

08 July 2009

1903 – Additions to Shipton Court, Oxfordshire

Architect: Perkins & Bulmer

08 July 2009

1903 – ‘Parkwood’, Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Flockhart Published in The Building News, July 24th 1903.