Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Oxfordshire

08 July 2009

1878 – St. Frideswide, Osney, Oxfordshire

Architect: Harry G.W. Drinkwater From The Building News, September 6 1878: “The illustration shows the proposed design for the completion of the tower of this church, which was built some few years since...

08 July 2009

1884 – Oxford Military College, Cowley, Oxfordshire

Architect: T.G. Jackson

08 July 2009

1898 – The Old White House, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: H.T. Hare “This building was erected to take the place of an interesting old house, which still remains in the Tear. The materials used are rubble stone walling, with Doulting stone dressings...

08 July 2009

1903 – Additions to Shipton Court, Oxfordshire

Architect: Perkins & Bulmer

08 July 2009

1903 – ‘Parkwood’, Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Flockhart Published in The Building News, July 24th 1903.

08 July 2009

1860 – Oxford University Museum, Oxfordshire

Architect: Deane & Woodward The neo-Gothic building, one of the finest in Britain, was designed by the Irish architects Thomas Newenham Deane and Benjamin Woodward. Directly influenced by the writings of critic John...

08 July 2009

1908 – Howe Combe, Watlington, Oxfordshire

Architect: T. Frank Green

08 July 2009

1879 – Interior of Large Hall, Examination Schools, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson The Examination Schools were designed by Thomas Graham Jackson and were completed in 1882. They were Jackson’s first major commission and set the scene for his transformation of Oxford’s academic...

08 July 2009

1885 – New Quadrangle, Trinity College, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson