Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Paley & Austin

02 September 2010

1880 – Cottages, Reading Room & Smithy, Holmrook, Cumbria

Architect: Paley & Austin Perspective including Ground Floor Plans, designed for C.R. Fletcher Lutwidge esq, and published in The Building News, January 30th 1880.

09 August 2010

1875 – Church of S.S. Matthew & St. James, Liverpool

Architect: Paley & Austin Church extensively damaged following bombing on the 28th and 29th of August 1940 – the first church in England to be bombed. The church was restored and is still...

30 May 2010

1886 – St. Mary’s Church, Dalton in Furness, Lancashire

Architect: Paley & Austin Built between 1883-1885 on a site where it is believed there have been churches since the eighth century. It was designed by Paley and Austin, and is one of...

26 January 2010

1883 – New Church, Pilling, Lancashire

Architect: Paley & Austin Largely built as designed and illustrated, the church is still existing as St. John the Baptist. Considered to be one of Paley & Austin’s finest works and consecrated by...

15 October 2009

1879 – Sedbergh School, Cumbria

Architect: Paley & Austin Published in The Building News, January 31st 1879. In the 1870s there was a tremendous amount of development and building work at Sedbergh, under the careful eye of the...

29 June 2009

1884 – The Royal Albert Asylum for Idiots, Lancashire

Architect: Paley & Austin The chief stone of a new asylum for idiots of the six northern counties of England has been laid with Masonic ceremonial by the Earl of Zetland as Grand...

29 June 2009

1896 – Church of St. Barnabas, Morecambe, Lancashire

Architect: Paley & Austin Perspective published in The Building News, June 12th 1896.

29 June 2009

1896 – Church, St. Annes on Sea, Lancashire

Architect: Paley & Austin Perspective View published in The Building News, June 12th 1896.

08 June 2009

1873 – Bettws -Y- Coed Church, Wales

Architect: Paley & Austin Perspective including ground plan as published in The Building News, July 4th 1873: “One of our lithographic illustrations this week represents a very interesting little church just erected at...