Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Pearse Street Dublin

29 May 2013

1862 – Crampton Memorial Fountain, Dublin

Sculptor: John Kirk Sir Philip Crampton’s memorial fountain at Dublin. Crampton was Surgeon-General to the British Army. He was always interested in zoological science and played an active part in founding the Royal...

28 February 2013

1909 – Queen’s Theatre, Pearse St., Dublin

Architect: R.J. Stirling Now demolished, but built as a variety theatre in 1844, rebuilt in 1909, and later used by the Abbey Players after the Abbey Theatre was destroyed in a fire in...

28 March 2012

1905 – Design for Fire Station, Tara Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy Design concept for Tara Street fire station by the city architect C.J. McCarthy. Almost as built with the exception of the tower, which is a less imposing design than was...

29 June 2010

1824 – The Academy, Pearse Street, Dublin

Originally built as an industrial headquarters for The Dublin Oil and Gas Company established to extract gas from fish oil. This business went bankrupt in 1834 when the price of fish oil, previously...

29 June 2010

1972 – Oisin House, Pearse Street, Dublin

Architect: Tyndall Hogan Hurley Truly horrific materials, design, and massing marks this waste of a fantastic site along a busy street and abutting Trinity College. Pearse Street, or Brunswick Street as it was,...

29 June 2010

2003 – Goldsmith House, Pearse Street, Dublin

1970s office block that was redeveloped.

29 June 2010

1885 – O’Neill’s, Pearse Street, Dublin

Fine corner Victorian public house facade with four bays to Pearse Street, and six bays to Shaw Street. The shop facade is elaborate timber design with decorative tiles and mosaics, and a glazed...

11 February 2010

1915 – Garda Station, Pearse Street, Dublin

Architect: A. Robinson, M.J. Burke, H.G. Leask Designed for the Dublin Metropolitan Police (DMP) and now the main Garda Station for the south city, Pearse Street Station is a large building in the...

11 February 2010

1909 – Gilbert Library, Pearse Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy / Dublin City Architect’s Department Designed originally by the city architect C.J. McCarthy, and extended nearly one hundred years later by his successor, the Dublin City Architect’s Department, the Gilbert...

Pages:12Next »