Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Phibsborough

27 May 2013

1907 – Bohemian Bar, Doyle’s Corner, Phibsborough, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor George L. O’Connor was the architect responsible for rebuilding of the licensed premises for John Doyle, grocer and wine merchant. Finished in Milverton limestone, Kingscourt facing brick and terracotta,...

20 December 2012

1862 – St. Peter’s Church, Phibsborough, Dublin

Architect: George Goldie The chancel and transepts were erected, together with the great central tower to this design by George Goldie in the late 1860s. By 1871 the transepts, the chancel, and the...

23 November 2012

1826 – St. Peter’s Chapel & Free School, Phibsborough, Dublin

An early description of the church and school which opened in 1826: ‘St. Peter’s chapel stands at the divergence of the New Cabra Avenue, and the beautiful and fashionable ride to Phoenix Park,...

26 January 2010

1902 – St. Peter’s Church, Phibsborough, Dublin

Architect: George Goldie / Ashlin & Coleman The chancel and transepts were erected, together with a great central tower by George Goldie in the early 1860s. But the construction of the tower proved...