Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

police station

11 November 2015

1871 – RIC Barrack, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone

Architect: James H. Owen Severe and forbidding Royal Irish Constabulary barrack, one of a series designed in a similar style around Ireland.

11 November 2015

1870 – Design for RIC Barracks, Ireland

Architect: James H. Owen Design by James H. Owen of the Board of Works for RIC police barracks – described as a “second class station”. Owen, Charles Lanyon’s brother-in-law, succeeded his father as...

17 May 2014

1898 – Police Station, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: Wood & Hutchings “This is a new police-station recently erected at Stoke-on-Trent, for the Staffordshire Standing Joint Committee. The design was selected in a limited competition. The building is constructed of brickwork...

20 November 2013

1882 – Former Police Station, The Rocks, Sydney, Australia

Architect: James Barnet Beautiful sandstone facade on this well maintained heritage building, and considered to be one of State Architect James Barnet’s best small-scale works. It was one of the two major stations...

02 October 2013

1850 – Garda Station, Bennetsbridge, Co. Kilkenny

Former Royal Irish Constabulary police station, now in use as a Garda Station. Unusual design with central house with round towers to the corners.

30 July 2012

1963 – Civic Centre, St. Boniface, Winnipeg

Architect: √Čtienne Gaboury Designed to contain a police station, law courts, and a public health centre, this cluster of buildings is sited around an open sided courtyard adjacent to the former city hall....

10 August 2010

1909 – Former Police Headquarters, New York

Architect: Hoppin & Koen Designed by the firm of Hoppin & Koen in a monumental Beaux-Arts style, it opened in 1909. The NY Police Dept. moved out in 1973 and the building was...

07 July 2010

1902 – New Police Station, Durban, South Africa

Architect: Ernest J. Wellman As published in The Building News, September 19th 1902.

01 July 2010

1883 – Police Court, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Barber & Barber The police courts and station at the corner of King and James, served until 1903 when it was replaced by a new central police station. Demolished 1988. Modern reproduction...

Pages:12Next »