Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Portrush

13 August 2013

1858 – Church of the Holy Trinity, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: Joseph Welland The central part of the church was constructed by 1843 to the designs of an unknown architect – on a t-shaped plan. By the mid 1850s, extending was required, and...

09 August 2013

1908 – Former Post Office, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: Robert Cochrane Former Post Office, constructed around 1908. Closed in the 1980s, it lay vacant for many years before being restored and converted to the public library. Designed by Robert Cochrane of...

09 August 2013

1890s – Northern Counties Hotel, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: John Lanyon / Berkeley Deane Wise The Belfast and Northern Counties Railway purchased a share in the lease of the well-established Antrim Arms hotel in the 1870s. By 1883 it had formed...

09 August 2013

1859 – Adam Clarke Memorial Obelisk, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Barre A45 foot tall obelisk to a leading member of early Methodism, Adam Clarke whio was born in County Derry. John Wesley invited him to become a pupil at a seminary...

08 August 2013

1880s – Castle Erin / Golf Hotel, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Former hotel built between railway line and coast to service Portrush’s links course. Originally called the Hydropathic Hotel but changed its name to the Golf Hotel, and later Castle Erin. It was later...

13 July 2013

1880s – St. Patrick’s Church, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Small Roman Catholic Church surrounded by presbytery and school, all finished and detailed in stone.

08 August 2012

1893 – Portrush Railway Station, Co. Antrim

Architect: Berkeley Deane Wise Constructed for the Belfast and Northern Counties Railway, under the direction of its engineer and architect Berkeley Deane Wise, was completed in 1893. Three platforms were provided together with...