Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Post 1916 reconstruction

20 March 2014

1920 – Capitol Theatre, Princes Street, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara The Capitol Theatre, located just off O’Connell Street, Dublin, began life on 10 August 1920 as the La Scala Theatre and Opera House. Constructed on the former site of Freeman’s...

17 August 2013

1919 – No. 13 O’Connell Street Lower, Dublin

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne Built after the previous branch of the Hibernian Bank was destroyed in the fighting during the 1916 Easter Rising. The previous building was by O’Neill & Byrne and was...

23 April 2012

1922 – Metropole Cinema & Restaurant, O’Connell St., Dublin

Architect: A.V. O’Rourke Built on the site of the former Metropole Hotel, which was destroyed in the 1916 rising, the Metropole Cinema & Restaurant became one of the most fashionable venues in Dublin....

22 March 2011

1919 – Munster & Leinster Bank, O’Connell St., Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon Fine classical bank building turning a corner elegantly from O’Connell Street onto Abbey Street. The relief sculpture over the door was by George A. Power. No longer in use...

15 July 2010

1922 – 22/23 Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon

08 April 2010

1919 – Easons, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: T.J. Ruthven Destroyed in the 1916 Rising, this is the Abbey Street façade of their O’Connell Street store. An austere stone finish with shallow relief decoration masks a steel structure.

08 April 2010

1917 – Manfield Chambers, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks On the corner of O’Connell Street and Middle Abbey Street, Manfield Chambers is a commercial premises with a branch of Clarks on the ground level and various offices above....

08 April 2010

1917 – The Oval, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: L.A. McDonnell A well known Dublin bar, the Oval has been refurbished inside, but the exterior remains intact. An unusual façade at street level is topped by a two storey bay window....

08 April 2010

1920 – Abbey Chambers, Abbey Street, Dublin

A fine commercial premises with good quality glazed terracotta façade (damaged at street level) which has received an Elizabethan stylistic treatment.

Pages:123Next »