Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Post Office

26 January 2012

1873 – Post Office, Adelaide St., Toronto

Architect: Henry Langley Designed by Henry Langley, the architect reponsible for a large collection of city churches, and built between 1869 and 1873, The GPO stood at 36 Adelaide Street West, the head...

24 January 2012

1893 – Post Office, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: Demolished 1930

06 August 2011

1905 – Federal Building, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan

Architect: David Ewart A Federal Building containing the Post Office, the Land Titles Office, Registry offie, and Court House.

01 August 2011

1914 – City Hall, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Architect: David Ewart Constructed for the Dominion Government it served as a post office and housed other government agencies such as customs, and eventually, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. In 1963, the City...

05 February 2011

1899 – Post Office, Liverpool

Architect: Henry Tanner Probably one of the finest post office buildings in the UK, reminiscent of a French chateau. Unfortunately, the building was severely damaged in the May blitz in 1941, resulting in...

26 January 2011

1860 – Post Office, London, Ontario

The London Post Office wasbuilt circa 1860 and demolished in 1953. The building front, facing onto Richmond Street had double Doric columns on the first level and double Corinthian columns on the level...

05 November 2010

1902 – Landmark Center, St. Paul, Minnesota

Architect: Willoughby J. Edbrooke St. Paul’s historic Landmark Center, completed in 1902, originally served as the United States Post Office, Court House, and Custom House for the state of Minnesota. It was designed...

10 June 2010

1948 – Post Office, Andrew Street, Dublin

Architect: Sidney Maskell & John Fox A large building, the Post Office was built to replace an earlier on on nearby Church Lane which links Andrew and Suffolk Streets to College Green. The...

03 May 2010

1886 – Post Office, Knutsford, Cheshire

Architect: William Owen Published in The Building News, August 22nd 1887.