Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Presbyterian Church

26 March 2014

1878 – Presbyterian Church, Ballymacarret, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A church, at Ballymacarrett on the Newtownards Road, completed in 1878 to a design by Young and Mackenzie. The graceful round tower adds vertical emphasis to what is rather...

25 March 2014

1831 – 2nd Presbyterian Church, Moneymore, Co. Derry

Architect: William J. Booth This classical barn style church was erected in 1831 as the Meeting House for the congregation, which had seceded from the 1st Presbyterian Church on Stonard St., in 1818....

25 March 2014

1827 – Presbyterian Church, Ballykelly, Co. Derry

Architect: Richard Suter Constructed by the Fishmongers Company London who owned the land around Ballykelly for the local populace after they discovered the poor condition of the existing church. Richard Suter was Surveyor...

19 March 2014

1876 – Presbyterian Church, Donemana, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William McElwee Still in use today, this is a fine Presbyterian chirch finished in local limestone on a slightly elevated site above streetlevel. “Donemana, where this church is being built , is...

05 March 2014

1881 – Cunningham Memorial Presbyterian Church, Cullybackey, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie Cruciform church constructed to replace an earlier church of 1781 on same site. With its 130 ft spire, the church is very much a local landmark. External walls of...

26 February 2014

1900 – Presbyterian Church, Whiteabbey, Co. Antrim

Architect: Nicholas Fitzsimons Originally built in 1866, but destroyed by fire in 1899 which left only the side walls standing. Rebuilt to designs by Nicholas Fitzsimons, and still in use today. Located on...

25 January 2014

1908 – Central Presbyterian Church, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: John M. Lyle Constructed in 1908 after fire destroyed their previous building – John M. Lyle, the architect, was the son of the minister of the time. Lyle was responsible for Toronto’s...

15 November 2013

1935 – St Stephen’s Church, Macquarie St., Sydney, Australia

Architect: Reid & Munro Originally, a Presbyterian church, St Stephen’s is now part of the Uniting Church of Australia following the amalgamation of the Presbyterian, Wesleyan and Congregational churches in 1977. Built on...

16 August 2013

1858 – Presbyterian Church & School, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William J. Barre Simple Presbyterian church, probably by William Barre, with slightly later school adjacent.

Pages:1234Next »