Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Provincial Bank of Ireland

21 March 2014

1903 – First Trust Bank, Hill Street, Newry

Architect: Carroll & Batchelor Now a branch of First Trust, a subsidiary of AIB, but constructed for the Provincial Bank of Ireland, costing £3,912.

26 March 2013

1839 – Former Bank, 1 Mallow Street, Limerick

Architect: James Pain Former branch of the Provincial Bank of Ireland, which later after a series of mergers became AIB. Fine stone facade of five bays with symmetrical treatment of the entrances to...

09 March 2013

1858 – AIB, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Architect: William G. Murray Built as a branch of the Provincial Bank of Ireland, and now a branch for AIB. In traditional Irish manner, contains a residence for the branch manager. Photograph courtesy,...

13 April 2010

1899 – Louis Copeland, Nos. 40-41 Capel Street, Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Originally built as a bank, a branch of the Provincial Bank, hence the unusual shopfront, this building at 40-41 Capel Street has been remodeled several times. Extended as a...

07 April 2010

1922 – Allied Irish Banks, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks A fine bank building, finished in high quality stonework, that neatly turns the corner onto Parnell Street. Constructed after damage during the Irish Civil War to the top end...

16 February 2010

1863 – Former Bank, College Street, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Now part of the Westin Hotel, designed in 1863 as the Headquarters of the Provincial Bank and built over the next few years. The architect William G. Murray died...

10 February 2010

1923 – AIB, South Richmond Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick G. Hicks Bank dating from the early twentieth century constructed in a restrained classical style for the Provincial Bank.

08 January 2010

1905 – Former Provincial Bank, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks A former branch of the Provincial Bank,which after a series of bank mergers in Ireland in the mid 20th century became part of Allied Irish Banks. A simple building...

07 January 2010

1860 – AXA Insurance, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: William G. Murray The former Provincial Bank is built of Limestone ashlar with an elaborate façade at street-level. The ground floor façade has paired polished granite columns with lush foliage capitals. Above...

Pages:12Next »