Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Provincial Bank of Ireland

31 December 2009

1861 – Allied Irish Bank, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: William G. Murray The Provincial Bank opened in Athlone in 1827. It was the first branch of a large commercial bank to be opened in the town. In 1861 the bank moved...

30 December 2009

1877 – Allied Irish Bank, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: T.M. Deane Originally the Provincial Bank, this branch of AIB is finished with elaborately carved Mountcharles sandstone. Well proportioned, almost square in elevation, the style is vaguely Elizabethan in inspiration.

13 November 2009

1911 – Allied Irish Bank, Waterford

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks Fine early twentieth century bank building with a wonderful curving corner entranceway. Extended, 1922, comprising single-bay three-storey end bay to east taking away the symmetry of the design. This...

06 November 2009

1865 – Thomas Crosbie Holdings, 97 South Mall, Cork

Architect: William G. Murray One of the most magnificent buildings in Cork, the Italianate plazzo built for the ‘Provincial Bank of Ireland’, was designed by W.G. Murray. A substantial and well-maintained building, it...

05 November 2009

1891 – Former Bank, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Former branch of the Provincial Bank, later merged into Allied Irish Banks.

30 September 2009

1900 – Former Provincial Bank, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: John Clarke Fine stone and brick Georgian house of around 1830 with later banking hall adjoining added around 1900. Now unused as a bank, the banking hall has a toplit central space...

24 September 2009

1869 – Former First Trust Bank, Royal Avenue, Belfast

Architect: William Barre Originally a bank and now a Tesco convenience store, the building was completed by Turner and Williamson after the death of Barre. The building has an impressive seven bay fa├žade...

Pages:« Prev12