Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Public Houses

27 May 2013

1907 – Bohemian Bar, Doyle’s Corner, Phibsborough, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor George L. O’Connor was the architect responsible for rebuilding of the licensed premises for John Doyle, grocer and wine merchant. Finished in Milverton limestone, Kingscourt facing brick and terracotta,...

11 March 2013

1870 – The Irish House, Nos.1-2 Wood Quay, Dublin

The Irish House was built in 1870 at the corner of Winetavern Street and Wood Quay in Dublin, and became a popular public house and well-known piece of Celtic Revival architecture. The Irish...

14 October 2012

1884 – Tavern, Royal Albert Dock, London

Architect: Vigers & Wagstaffe Perspective view, ground plan & first floor plan published in The Building News, August 1st.1884.

01 September 2012

1887 – The Cock Tavern, Shaftesbury Avenue, London

Architect: Wylson & Long Perspective view & plan published in The Building News, October 28th 1887

10 December 2011

1860 – The Phoenix Inn, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: William R. Corson Published in The Building News, February 10, 1860. “THE Phoenix Inn, Leeds (a view of which forms our illustration this week), was erected for Mr. William Sadler upon land...

05 June 2011

1919 – “The Stone & Faggot” Inn, Little Yeldham, Essex

Architect: Basil Oliver Closed as a public house, and converted into a private residence. In the village bakery in the 18th century, faggots of sticks were used to heat stones on which bread...

20 March 2011

1860s – The Oak, Dame Street, Dublin

A comfortable Dublin pub now sadly part of the ‘superpub’ next door, The Oak contains a fine mahogany interior that came from an ocean liner, the Mauritania, during a refurbishment in the 1940s....

05 November 2010

1888 – The “Havelock Arms”, Grays Inn Road, London

Architect: Charles Young Front Perspective View as published in The Architect, March 16th 1888.

19 August 2010

1877 – Public House & Working Men’s Club, Upper Norwood, London

Architect: T.E.C Streatfeild The “British Workman” public house & Working Men’s Club, at Westow Street,Upper Norwood and published in The Building News. March 2nd 1877. The British Workman movement started in the north...