Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Public Houses

06 November 2009

1905 – Oval Bar, Cork

Architect: Houston & Houston Designed by the architects Houston & Houston for Beamish & Crawford for who they had designed other buildings, this corner bar has traces of Art Nouveau placed over a...

23 October 2009

1875 – St. George and the Dragon Inn, Great Budworth, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas From The Architect, December 4, 1875: This is an alteration from a house as shown in small sketch. I Moulded bricks have been used throughout, and brindled tiles for roofs....

24 September 2009

1898 – The Crown Liquor Saloon, Belfast

Architects: E. & J. Byrne The Crown Liquor Saloon in Great Victoria Street, Belfast is one of Victorian gin palaces which once flourished in the industrial cities of Britain. Today wonderfully preserved and...

07 September 2009

1881 – The Morant Arms, Brokenhurst, Hampshire

Architect: John Harding & Son Perspective Views Front & Rear including ground & floor plans, designed for for John Morant esq., and published in The Building News, September 16th 1881. “The walls and...

11 August 2009

1885 – The Black Bull, High Street, Lewisham, London

Architect: Horace T. Bonner Perspective view including ground plan, published in The Building News, July 31st 1885. Still a public house today, in the early 1980s this pub was renamed the Fox &...

29 July 2009

1885 – A Roadside Inn at Ealing, London

Architect: E.W. Lacey Published in The Building News, September 4th 1885

21 July 2009

1881 – Tavern & Hotel, Royal Albert Dock, London

Architect: Vigers & Wagstaffe “This building is now in course of erection at the Galleons Station of the new Royal Albert Dock, opposite Woolwich. The materials used for facing are red brick with...

13 July 2009

1883 – The Heyworth Arms, Everton, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: James Doyley Illustration published in The Building News, March 14th 1884.

08 July 2009

1908 – The “Hare & Hounds” Inn, Sonning Common, Oxfordshire

Architect: W.C.A. Hambling Designed for for Messrs. Breakspear & Sons. Published in The Building News, October 23rd 1908. “This house is being erected upon a prominent site. The existing license is to be...