Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

racecourses

10 October 2013

1920s – Phoenix Park Racecourse, Dublin

Phoenix Park Racecourse was located on the northern edge of the Phoenix Park in Dublin. Founded by J.H.H. Peard, racing began here in 1902, closed for racing in late 1990. The racecourse had...

20 February 2011

1899 – Haydock Park, Lancashire

Architect: Mangnall & Littlewoods “These buildings are nearing completion. The design was selected in a limited competition, the cost being about £H,000. The architects are Messrs. Mangnall and Littlewoods. The plan given with...

03 May 2010

1887 – The Paddocks, Leopardstown Park, Co. Dublin

Architect: W.D. Caroe Published in The Building News, September 30th 1887. Built at Leopardstown Racecource and later demolished.