Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

railway stations

04 March 2015

1902 – Railway Station, Antrim, Co. Antrim

Architect: Berkeley Deane Wise Designed by Berkeley Deane Wise for the Belfast and Northern Counties Railway, and constructed 1901-02. The main station building resembled a double-fronted mock-tudor house, but masked extensive platforms and...

19 February 2015

1872 – Railway Station, Lismore, Co. Waterford

Lismore was first served by rail when the independent Fermoy & Lismore Railway connected the town with that of the already existing Great Southern & Western line from Mallow to Fermoy in September...

29 January 2015

1892 – Railway Station, Newport, Co. Mayo

The first station on the Westport to Achill Sound extension was Newport which opened in February 1894, on completion of a nearby tunnel at the end of Newport Station. It was closed in...

19 January 2015

1865 – Railway Station, Helen’s Bay, Co. Down

Architect: Benjamin Ferrey Opened in 1865 and built at the expense of the Marquis of Dufferin and Ave, whose estate it was situated in. Constructed for the Belfast & Co. Down Railway Company,...

19 January 2015

1891 – Railway Station, Warrenpoint, Co. Down

Architect: William H. Mills Warrenpoint was heavily promoted by the Great Northern Railway as an excursion destination. They were quite successful in doing this and the town benefited from daytrippers and holidaymakers. The...

09 January 2015

1854 – Railway Station, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: George Wilkinson George Wilkinson designed stations for Dalkey, Foxrock, Greystones, Killoughter, and Wicklow; for the Dublin & Wicklow Railway Co.

06 January 2015

1897 – Railway Station, Cultra, Co. Down

Cultra is part of the greater Belfast area and originally a stop on the Belfast, Hollywood and Bangor Railway. The BH&BR crossed the land of some wealthy landowners, whose terms included that Cultra...

04 December 2014

1858 – Railway Station, Ballynahinch, Co. Down

Architect: Telford MacNeill Opened by the Belfast and County Down Railway on 10 September 1858, and closed to passengers 16 January 1950. The former station building and goods shed have since been converted...

09 October 2014

1880 – Railway Station, Le Havre, France

Architect: M.J. Lisch The second railway station in Le Havre, built in 1880 to replace the original station of 1847. Replaced with a new station built in 1932 by Henri Pacon for the...

Pages:1234567...15Next »