Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

railway stations

09 July 2014

1895 – Railway Station, Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim

Architect: Berkeley Deane Wise Mock Tudor station, constructed to replace the station of 1862 that was destroyed by fire, for Belfast & Northern Counties Railway Co. Still in use today by Northern Ireland...

09 July 2014

1896 – Railway Station, Carnalea, Co. Down

Architect: George P. Culverwell First opened by the B.C.D.R. (Belfast & County Down Railway) in 1877 with only an up platform, and a brake van as an office. The company built a station...

05 June 2014

1855 – Railway Station, Coleraine, Co. Derry

Architect: Charles Lanyon Original railway station for the BBCPJR – Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine and Portrush Junction Railway – constructed for the opening of the line in 1855. A second building in a similar...

06 May 2014

1884 – Railway Station, Strabane, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William H. Mills The railway line to Strabane from Omagh originally opened in 1847 and was run by the Irish North Western Railway. After the takeover by the Great Northern Railway in...

06 May 2014

1877 – Railway Station, Whitehead, Co. Antrim

Architect: John Lanyon / Berkeley Deane Wise Originally designed by John Lanyon with later work by Berkeley Deane Wise who was the chief architect of the Belfast and Northern Counties Railway company and...

16 April 2014

1891 – Railway Station, Bundoran, Co. Donegal

The railway opened in 1886 for the Enniskillen and Bundoran Railway and taken over by the Great Northern Railway in 1876. This station was erected in 1891 to replace an old wooden structure....

16 April 2014

1891 – Railway Station, Newtownstewart, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William H. Mills Closed in February 1965, it was opened by the Londonderry and Enniskillen Railway in May 1852. It was taken over by the Great Northern Railway in 1883. The GNR...

09 April 2014

1887 – Railway Station, Aughnacloy, Co. Tyrone

Aughnacloy was the head office of the Clogher Valley Railway and is the most substantial building on the line. The Clogher Valley was a 37 mile long, narrow gauge railway, opened in January...

04 April 2014

1896 – Railway Station, Trooperslane, Co. Antrim

Architect: Berkeley Deane Wise Constructed in 1896 to replace an earlier 1840s building, Wise’s design for the Belfast and Northern Counties Railway was a highly picturesque station in brick and timber. Demolished in...