Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

railway stations

09 July 2012

1875 – Railway Station, Bellarena, Co. Derry

Architect: John Lanyon Bellarena railway station opened on 18 July 1853. It was closed for goods traffic from 4 January 1965. The station was closed on 18 October 1976, but re-opened again on...

23 May 2012

1851 – Unbuilt Railway Station, Malahide, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Papworth Proposed design for a new Station Building for the Dublin and Drogheda Railway at Malahide in the early 1870s.

23 April 2012

1852 – Cork & Bandon Railway Station, Albert Quay, Cork

Architect: Joshua Hargrave Railway terminus on Albert Quay for the Cork & Bandon Railway. The railway company changed its name to Cork, Bandon and South Coast Railway in 1888 and became part of...

23 April 2012

1859 – Ardsollus and Quin railway station, Co. Clare

Architect: Ardsollus and Quin railway station was a station on the railway from Limerick to Ennis and served the village of Quin. Opened by the Limerick and Ennis Railway, it was absorbed by...

13 April 2012

1851 – Former MGWR Station, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany The MGWR Station or East Station was designed by John Skipton Mulvany and opened in 1851. It closed in 1985 when the station for Athlone was transferred to the...

13 April 2012

1847 – Portlaoise Railway Station, Co. Laois

Architect: Sancton Wood Originally a station on the Great Southern and Western Railway, Portlaoise Railway Station cost upwards of £5,000 to build. Designed by Sancton Wood and characteristically Gothic in style, it was...

13 April 2012

1858 – Woodlawn Railway Station, Co. Galway

Architect: George Willoughby Hemans Sited on the main Iarnród Éireann Intercity line from Dublin to Galway, situated between Ballinasloe and Attymon halt stations. Woodlawn railway station opened on 1 August 1858 and was...

02 April 2012

1841 – Railway Station, Moira, Co. Down

Architect: John Godwin Constructed by the Ulster Railway Company during its expansion to Lurgan in 1841.

15 November 2011

1862 – Railway Station, Portadown, Co. Armagh

Architect: John MacNeill John MacNeill’s masterpiece, a long polychromuc brick station with the stately air of a great house. Demolished and replaced in the 1960s, the site is still derelict, the great piers...