Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

railway stations

01 June 2010

1899 – Milwaukee Road Depot, Minneapolis

Architect: Charles Frost Constructed in 1899, the Milwaukee Road Depot complex includes the former station building and one of the last long-span, truss-roofed train sheds surviving in the nation and the only remaining...

31 May 2010

1881 – Union Station, Denver, Colorado

Architect: Gove & Walsh

29 May 2010

1886 – Great Indian Peninsular Railway Terminus & Administrative Offices, Bombay, India

Architect: F.W. Stevens Frederick William Stevens (11 November 1847 – 3 March 1900) was an English architectural engineer who worked for the British colonial government in India. Stevens’ most notable design was the...

04 May 2010

1861 – Former Railway Station, North Wall Quay, Dublin

In 1861 the London and North Western Railway Company, which had been operating a steam packet service across the Irish Sea, moved its Irish terminus from Dun Laoghaire to North Wall Quay. The...

22 April 2010

1905 – Former Canadian Pacific Station, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: E. & W.S. Maxwell This was the fourth depot built by the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) from the construction of the main line through the Manitoba capital in the early 1880′s. Construction...

21 April 2010

Clongriffin Station by Iarnród Éireann Architects

Iarnród Éireann’s newest station, the new Clongriffin DART Station, was officially opened this week. Designed by Iarnród Éireann Architects, Clongriffin is the 145th station on Iarnród Éireann’s network and is the first new...

09 April 2010

1850 – Broadstone Railway Station, Constitution Hill, Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Broadstone harbour’s location was chosen for its proximity to the markets and the law courts. Bolton Street was the preferred site, but high land prices and objections from local...

02 February 2010

1854 – Railway Station, Dundrum, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Dargan The original Dundrum station built by William Dargan in 1854 behind the modern Luas halt. This was the station closest to Dargan’s home at Mount Annville and he was a...

02 February 2010

1846 – Heuston Station, Dublin

Architect: Sancton Wood / Sir John MacNeill Formerly Kingsbridge Station and another of Dublin’s four railway termini, Heuston Station was commissioned in 1846 from Sancton Wood, an English architect. Easily the most impressive...